Dash Cam Support
Below is a collection of everything you want to know about this dashcam, covering manuals, latest firmware, FAQs and video tutorials.
Frequently Asked Questions
Having a problem with the dashcam? Scroll down to find your answer
The camera supports cards up to 512GB, we recommend 128GB/256GB, you can refer to this when choosing a card.
Please set the correct time zone manually first. (In consideration of daylight saving).
Then the camera GPS will update the date and time when it works.
Long press the Bluetooth button till the red light turns blue. Then you can press Bluetooth to take a picture and lock videos.
You can also press the yellow triangle button on the camera to locl videos.
Once triggered by G-Sensor, the camera shall also lock videos automatically.
Outward: 1. A229 Pro gives up an external microphone port instead of a 3.5mm port for the interior camera.
2. The power port on the side of the camera is also used for the rear camera.
Specs: 1. A229 Pro can support three channels: Front+Interior+Rear.
2. A229 Pro adopts Sony Starvis2 IMX678 8MP Sensor on the front and Sony Starvis2 IMX675 5MP Sensor on the rear camera, uses IMX307 2MP Sensor on interior camera.
3. The GPS Module for A229 Pro is equipped with Quad-Mode GPS that will bring ultra-precise GPS data and a stronger GPS signal.
4. Interior IR camera applies IR cut and a photoresistance that enables the camera to capture sharp black and white image details in the cabin.
Functions: Except for the functions on the A229 Duo, the A229 Pro can support voice control and HDR on three channels.
1. HK4 Hardwire kit: Yes, it can be used with A229 Pro.
2. GPS Module: No, the GPS module for A229 Pro is equipped with Quad-Mode which has better performance in locking a GPS signal and obtaining ultra-precise GPS data.
3. Rear Cable: No, the rear cable for A229 Pro is a type-c to type-c design which is totally different from the coaxial rear cable with A229 Duo.
4. CPL: Yes, they use the same CPL.
The issue may happen with some iPhones.
Please try to disable the VIOFO APP from accessing cellular data in the setup as below pic.
There is a detailed passage if you have other app issue.
First, as the camera needs a constant power supply to record, you need the hardwire Kit (HK4) and fuse tap to take electricity from your car battery, connect the red BAT cable to a port with constant power and the yellow ACC cable to the accessory port (no power when the engine is off), the ACC cable can detect voltage change and then send a signal to the camera, so the camera can switch between parking mode and driving mode freely.
Here is s simulation video.
Please note that hardwire Kit (HK4) and fuse tap needs to be purchased separately.
The transparent stickers are static stickers, which can be attached to your car windshield before installing the camera.
It is normal for the camera to get hot during recording, The dashcam can sustain temperature within -10℃~65℃(5℉~149℉).
We suggest not exposing the dashcam to direct sunlight or too high-temperature surroundings for too long, it may cause the camera overheating.
How to update firmware:
Format the card first and then download the bin file to the the card and power main body with rear camera plugged and card inserted, then wait for its updating.
Didn't find what you
were looking for?
Leave your message and we’ll help you right away!