Dash Cam Support
Below is a collection of everything you want to know about this dashcam, covering manuals, latest firmware, FAQs and video tutorials.
Frequently Asked Questions
Having a problem with the dashcam? Scroll down to find your answer
The camera supports cards up to 512GB, we recommend 128GB/256GB, you can refer to this when choosing a card.
Please set the correct time zone manually first. (In consideration of daylight saving).
Then the camera GPS will update the date and time automatically when it locks a signal.
Outward: 1. A229 Plus gives up external microphone port instead of a 3.5mm port for interior camera.
2. The power port on the side of the camera is also used for rear camera.
Specs: 1. A229 Plus can support three channels: Front+Interior+Rear.
2. A229 Plus adopts Sony Starvis2 IMX675 5MP Sensor on both the front and the rear camera, uses IMX307 2MP Sensor on interior camera.
3. The GPS Module for A229 Plus is equipped with Quad-Mode GPS that will bring ultra-precise GPS data and stronger GPS signal.
4. Interior IR camera applies IR cut and a photoresistance that enable the camera capture a sharp black and white image details in cabin.
Functions: Except for the functions on A229 Duo, A229 Plus can support voice control and HDR on three channels.
1. HK4 Hardwire kit: Yes, it can be used with A229 Plus.
2. GPS Module: No, the GPS module for A229 Plus is equipped with Quad-Mode which has better performance in locking a GPS signal and obtaining ultra-precise GPS data.
3. Rear Cable: No, the rear cable for A229 Plus is a type-c to type-c design which is totally different from the coaxial rear cable with A229 Duo.
4. CPL: Yes, they use the same CPL.
Turn on "Voice Control" in the settings, then you can control recording status, WIFI, audio, screen of the camera by saying commands like "Video Start", "Turn on WIFI", "Turn on audio", etc.
The issue may happen on some iPhones.
Please try to disable the VIOFO APP from accessing cellular data in the setup as below pic.
There is a detailed passage you can refer to.
First, as the camera needs a constant power supply to record, you need the hardwire Kit (HK4) and fuse tap to take electricity from your car battery, connect the red BAT cable to a port with constant power and the yellow ACC cable to the accessory port (no power when the engine is off), the ACC cable can detect voltage change and then send a signal to the camera, so the camera can switch between parking mode and driving mode freely.
Here is s simulation video.
Please note that hardwire Kit (HK4) and fuse tap needs to be purchased separately.
The transparent stickers are static stickers, which can be attached to your car windshield before installing the camera.
It is normal for the camera to get hot during recording, The dashcam can sustain temperature within -10℃~65℃(5℉~149℉).
We suggest not exposing the dashcam to direct sunlight or too high-temperature surroundings for too long, it may cause the camera overheating.
How to update firmware:
Format the card first and then download the bin file to the the card and power the camera with card inserted.
How to update firmware:
Format the card first and then download the bin file to the the card and power main body with rear camera plugged and card inserted, then wait for its updating.
Didn't find what you
were looking for?
Leave your message and we’ll help you right away!